It’s the most wonderful time of year… to save for the most wonderful time! That sounded better in my head… Anyways, the last thing you think of during summer when it’s 100 degrees out isn’t Christmas.. Grilling, swimming, anything outdoors(especially if you’re in the Pacific Northwest!). But, don’t miss an awesome time to make a quick plan to start saving some cash for the holiday season. With 5 months ahead of you, you might be able to easily save for everything on your list And, hey, if you don’t, it’s still more than what you had if you didn’t!
Here’s a quick list to get started:
1. Find how many people you’re buying gifts for this year.
2. Is there a limit on what you’ll spend per person? If not, maybe it’s a good time to think about it!
3. Once you have the total, start saving!
Tips to make it easier!
1. Have it automatically pulled from your checking into your savings account at a set time each month. Out of sight, out of mind.
2. To go the opposite way… Go to an ATM and manually take the money out. Make it an activity!
It may sound simple and very obvious, but this is just to get you to thinking about it!